12 May 2012

An invitation

This is the invitation from Avid Reader to my talk and signing there next Thursday. I have been told by a couple of friends the Avid Reader is THE bookshop in Brisbane, so I hope you come along and we'll find out together if that is true. If you're coming in, please introduce yourself to me and to Hanno, who'll be there too. Don't forget to book.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meet Rhonda Hetzel author of Down to Earth: A Guide to Simple Living

A beautiful guide to simple living by the inspirational award-winning blogger, Rhonda Hetzel.

When: Thursday 17th May
Where: Avid Reader Bookshop, 193 Boundary St. West End.
Time: 6pm for a 6:30pm start
Tickets: $5.00 or free to readers of Rhonda Hetzel's blog.
RSVP: essential events@avidreader.com.au or 07 3846 3422

As an antidote to our out-of-control consumerist culture, Down to Earth provides practical advice and gentle encouragement on everything from reducing your spending, learning traditional skills, safer and simple cleaning, decluttering and organising your belongings, to growing vegetables from seeds, harvesting your rainwater, preserving food and baking.

Down to Earth shows how to find pleasure and meaning in a simpler lifestyle and how to go about it whether you are renting, a land owner or retired.
SHARE:

20 comments

  1. How delightful! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so wish I could attend. I have been enjoying your books and your blog immensely.

    Hugs!
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rhonda, what a pity I don't live in Brisbane!

    I'm hoping I'll get a copy of your book for my birthday (I have been dropping hints!). Wondering if the book contains lots of recipes, including for your homemade cleaning products? I'm certainly hoping so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to try and make it with a friend. My copy of Down to Earth is from Avid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your friends are right. Avid would have to be one of the best bookshops in Brisbane. It's really, really difficult to walk out of there without buying anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought my book from Avid and yes, it's not just a bookstore, it's an experience. I will be there on Thursday.Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic, I've just opened my book for Mother's Day (phew, the kids got the hints!). I hope you don't mind sharing the page with the Mothers Day inscriptions Rhonda?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mother's Day inscriptions, Anastacia?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cannot make it as I am in NSW :( I would love to meet you two, I will just have to be contented with your book (I got it as a mothers day pressie) YIPPEE! I was asked what I would like- so I threw this BIG hint to them. delighted to say the least, I will be tucked up in bed tonight with a cuppa in hand reading.

    Jools

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope to see you there, Egads.
    Thanks Sally. I'm looking forward to it.
    Ruby, come over and say hello. I'm looking forward to meeting you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you enjoy the book, Jools. :- )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are you coming to the Gold Coast in the future? Have a great time in Brisbane and I hope you had a lovely mothers day.
    Michelle s

    ReplyDelete
  13. Michelle, we'll be there visiting family but no plans for any signings on the GC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll just have to keep an eye out on the ones
      In Brisbane and head that way one day ��. A great place to visit family when you get free time. Thanks for the reply.
      Michelle

      Delete
  14. Rhonda, I love the new look! Very clean.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've changed your blog! Very clean and modern looking now. I received your book today as a Mothers Day gift, have been looking forward to it so much, and am not disappointed, just snatched a few minutes of real reading but enjoyed flicking through and seeing the lovely photos of your home, beautifully presented. Thank you for sharing your wise thoughts so graciously.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've just booked tickets for my sister and myself, so I will see you on Thursday Rhonda. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, my children has written happy Mothers Day etc in the cover. I have it for 2 days now, can't put it down. Baked my own bread this morning. Delicious.

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cards is more important to intimate other. letterhead printing and cheap postcards . Excellent thanks appointment cards .

    ReplyDelete
  19. Excellent pieces. Keep writing such kind of information on your
    page. Im really impressed by your site.
    Hey there, You have done a fantastic job. I'll certainly digg it and for my part suggest to my friends. I am confident they'll be benefited from this website.


    Anti Fog Spray
    Here is my web page Anti Fog Spray

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template by pipdig