31 July 2015

Weekend reading

This is our lavender laced Barnevelder. Of all the hens we have for eggs, I like Barnevelder eggs the best.

I didn't have much time for reading anything other than my manuscript this week but here are my offerings. I hope you enjoy them.  Take care, friends. ♥︎

Look who I just found is blogging regularly again: Gooseberry Jam. I promise you this blog is as beautiful as the person who writes it.
I've visited this  blog, Little Cotton Rabbits, for a long time but I wanted to show you this absolutely beautiful granny square quilt. I love that it's made out of cotton and the wonderful colour combination, although those of you who know this lady's work, will know her gift with colour.
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Thanks for your weekend reading list. I look forward to it every week. Interesting and often thought provoking items. Thanks from Deb UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your lavender laced Barnvelder is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That chicken is gorgeous. One day would you be able to do a post on what type of chickens you keep and what coloured eggs they lay? It would be very informative. I couldn't get an updated page from Gooseberry Jam. I used to love her blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting reading list. Sometimes I have the feeling that you accomplish more during a busy time than I do with plenty of time!! Smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such interesting links! I've completely fallen in love with the Little Cotton Rabits site you mentioned. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your chicken is lovely one day I will have my own :-) interesting to know each egg tastes different depending what breed laid it though. I will check out the links its always lovely to find new blogs to read. Best wishes Dee :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous chicken. There is an American movie based on the Letters from a Woman Homesteader made in 1979 called Heartland. Gives a good feeling for what life was like(hard) in Wyoming in the early 1900's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great podcast! Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is an especially lovely granny square quilt. I look forward to reading both the DIY gifts and the women's homesteading letters. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template by pipdig